Friday, July 15, 2011

I lost 15 lbs in three weeks eating fatty foods

I officially hate the food pyramid that the government created. Even the new one stinks, you know the one that looks like a pie chart stuffed inside of a triangle with a flight of stairs slapped on the side. I try to follow history as much as a person who is as busy as I am as much as possible. This country's fatness as a whole is a pretty recent development. The top contributors to the really bad health our kids and even more adults suffer from are the following:

  • video games and other sedentary activities
  • sugary soft drinks (yes, i'm taking aim at you too Sunny D)
  • ready access to government subsidized grain heavy processed foods
  • low fat diet crazed people who forget that white bread/sugar/flour are poison
  • foods rich in nutrients and low in toxic chemicals have been priced out of people's budgets
  • text messaging (that is more of a contributor to societal brain rot than people's physical health)
I really have only started here and I could start six different blogs about each of the above points, but I have a hard time believing that weight loss should be as difficult as people make it out to be. I eat a steady diet of the following foods:
  • Scrambled eggs with steamed/sauteed vegetables
  • Grilled chicken with sour cream, cheese, and salsa
  • In-N-Out Double Double burgers served protein style (wrapped in lettuce)
  • Low Carb Six Dollar Burgers from Carl's Jr.
  • Any Cafe Rio Salad without the tablecloth sized tortilla
  • Spinach salads with grilled chicken
  • Chicken ceasar salad from Costco
  • Salmon sandwiches on the paper thin Orowheat whole wheat bread
  • Steamed veggies with BBQ chicken breast
  • Cottage cheese with fruit (fruit consumed sparingly)
I don't know how you feel about these foods, but I love them. I am never hungry, I take good multi-vitamins, I have a ton more energy, and I don't feel like I'm being poisoned. Just in losing 15 lbs, I feel like I've had a water softener salt sized bag of crap removed from my system and mid-section. Mark's Daily Apple is a blog that promotes this style of eating (I'm pretty hesitant to call it a diet because it's not something I really want to abandon after time, as I would like to sustain health in the long term). If you've had a hard time in the weight department, check it out. If you have experiences or comments, please share. Back to my cheese cube snacks.

No comments: